Welcome to the Somerset County Chamber of Commerce members' section. This is your section for collaboration and coordination. Keep abreast of important Chamber updates, upcoming events and member announcements. View the newsletter and receive the latest details on Chamber benefits such as our energy program, group health insurance and advertising opportunities.
Action Mentoring - Sporting Clays Winners
First Place - John Centi
Second Place - Jim Zimmerman
Third Place - Ron Hillegas
Thank you to all of our generous sponsors!
Global/SFC Valve Corp.
Somerset Trust Company
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Highlands Resort Realty
PA Highlands Community College
Ford Business Machines
State Farm Insurance Angi Tennant, CLU
The EADS Group
Chamber Seeking Nominations for Awards
Nomination forms can be found on the chamber's member page as well as detailed descriptions of criteria. All nominations are due October 30th.
Events & Notes of Interest
- 2020 Wedding/Bridal Showcase - Sunday, October 25th, 12:30 - 4:30 p.m. hosted by Showtime Entertainment Services. Come sip the season, taste the warmth, and smell the aromas of Fall! Support local and plan your next event or wedding. An event to showcase vendors and venues of small business in the Laurel Highlands.
- CareerLink Virtual Workshop
October 22nd at 9 am - Job Interview: Tips on how to prepare for an interview, proper attire, what to do during an interview and following an interview.
Register at www.pacareerlink.gov
- SBA offers total forgiveness for loans of $50,000 or less, helping PPP small-business borrowers
Business owners who borrowed $50,000 or less through the Small Business Administration’s emergency loan program learned last week that their debts are forgiven entirely — provided they file the right paperwork. The Small Business Administration and U.S. Treasury issued the new guidance for small-business borrowers with loans of $50,000 or less under the Paycheck Protection Program, or PPP. https://fusion.inquirer.com/news/sba-treasury-ppp-loans-small-business-administration-50000-forgiveness-20201012.html
- Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is excited to announce the distribution of more than $22,000 in scholarship money to students for the 2020-2021 academic year. These scholarships, sponsored by numerous businesses and area philanthropists, are fostered and maintained by the Penn Highlands Community College Foundation.
- UPMC Somerset will hold a Masquerade Jewelry sale in November - more details to come.
- Penn State Eberly Campus Online Events
Topic: Leadership Planning During Uncertain Times
Date: November 16, 2020
Time: 8:30–9:30 a.m.
Please RSVP https://pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ERO7JcpLg6fZwp
- Virtual Taste of the Laurel Highlands - Enjoy a taste of the Laurel Highlands and support your JSO and local businesses, craftspeople and more without leaving the sofa. Log on here to check out the items and plan your bids!
Bids aren't open yet! Bidding opens ONLINE October 17. We'll keep you posted, so stay tuned for details.
- Check out all the courses at Penn State Eberly Campus fayette.psu.edu/ce
- “COVID-19: Employer Paid Leave Requirements and Tax Credits”
Presented by: Tiffany Wetzel-Sturtz, CPA | Barnes Saly & Company
Tuesday, November 17th
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Click here to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUuce2hpj4oGNa6BpPBYAX_ApLOlEi6FUIi
- JA Virtual Career Fair being held February 26, 2021. This is a momentous opportunity because for the first time, there are no geological restrictions on who can attend. JA Virtual Career Fair allows your company to showcase what sets them apart from others in the field and connect with students all across Western PA who are the future of our workforce.